Sunday, March 1, 2020

Assignment 7: Papercraft Prototype

In order to prepare myself for crafting a solid, clean and consistent papercraft object, I focused much more on getting the essentials of scoring and folding down instead of worrying about an overall concept. That being said, I knew I wanted it to relate to some experience my brothers and I used to share, as they informed the person I became a lot, for better or worse. I landed on a tophat from a game all of us used to play together called Battleblock Theatre. The game itself wasn't the significant memory (although it was a lot of fun), but it got us all together and having a good time, plus the shape of the hat lent itself well to a practice object, as it was small and symmetrical. Overall I found this experiment valuable, but I plan to go in a bigger, bolder direction for my final, now that I'm slightly more comfortable with the medium.





No comments:

Post a Comment